Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Saturday, 1 March 2014

Iglesia Corpus Christi (Playa, Miramar, Havana)

               There's quite an abundance of churches in Cuba and in Havana they're everywhere. The majority of these churches are of the Roman Catholic faith but there are several other denominations as well. I have a thing about churches in case you, my readers, haven't noticed. It's not to say that I'm a religious person, I appreciate the beauty and the history of the architecture. I try to bring that here to my Blog but unfortunately in many instances I'm unable to find the history of such buildings on the internet and/or in literature on the island. That's the case in this particular church, I can't find any information about it. I've driven by this church many times and have always wanted to visit. One day on one of my trips I decided to walk there from where I stay in Miramar. It's a bit of a hike but I enjoy walking, besides the health benefits you see a lot more that way. I was on my way to the Cubanacan area of Havana to take some pictures of the mansions there and the church would be on the way. Below are some of the pictures I took of the church. I hope one day I can add a post with the history of this building.


Iglesia Corpus Christi
Playa, Miramar
Calle 146  no.904
























3 comments: