Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Friday 14 April 2017

La Farmacia (Havana) Restaurant

                    I had a driver for a few hours starting from the morning on this one day and the first thing I asked him to do was take me somewhere to have something breakfast-like. I wasn't expecting much, just a pastry or a jamon y quieso sandwich. What I got was an actual North American style breakfast in the heart of Old Havana. To set the record straight, this isn't a breakfast place, they have a rather ambitious Cuban-International menu with dishes suitable for lunch and dinner (also a kids menu) as well as a substantial cocktail and drink menu. Steps from the Malecon and very close to Prado makes this an ideal location for attracting tourists on their walks through Old Havana. Even at this hour in the morning we weren't the only customers here.
                    The restaurant has two floors using the upstairs as a private room when needed. We sat outside on the patio which actually was on the cobblestone street. Smoking is allowed on the patio and I believe somewhere indoors as well....they have a Habano (cigar), Ron and Cafe Special for $15. The decor is based on what this building was famous for, at one time this was the location for a Pharmacy. The service was just okay, it was morning, I don't think they were quite into it yet. I get the feeling this is more of a nightspot. We didn't stay long, our patio chairs were very comfortable but all the indoor seating are benches, it doesn't look to me like one could endure that for too long (maybe that's the idea). I enjoyed the breakfast so much I forgot to take a picture of it, I'll return for another one next time I'm in Havana.


PS......they boast wheelchair access.






La Farmacia
Calle Pena Pobre No.6
e/ Cuba y Aguiar
(+53) 7864 1181

























No comments:

Post a Comment