Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Thursday 1 November 2012

Abel Esposito of Partagas (rumours may be true)

                 I've been reading what little I can find on-line and talking to Aficionados (mostly from Europe) that knew him better than I over the last few days. Although I haven't confirmed it myself, that is, I haven't been to Havana yet and spoken to people over there....it seems to be unanimous. It appears that Abel Esposito, director of the Partagas store in Havana, is being charged with the smuggling of contraband cigars to distributors in Europe (mainly Switzerland) and involved his son in the possession of undeclared foreign currency. There have been other things I've heard as well that are even more dire but again....unconfirmed and I won't comment on that or get others in trouble.
                  My thoughts go out to him and his family. As I said previously, he was always a gentleman to my friends and I and consider him a friend. I hope that he gets through this okay. I know that many of you feel the same way. Thank You







No comments:

Post a Comment