Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Monday 13 May 2019

La Terraza (Havana) still one of our favourite restaurants

                   My wife and I have been coming here for years and although we don't come as often, with all the new restaurants that have opened recently, this is still a go to spot for us.
                   The building where the restaurant is situated is now run by the Sociedad Asturiana, along with the other two restaurants, one on each of the three floors. They're a Spanish organization coming from the province of Asturias in northern Spain. They have special status in Havana and more freedom when it comes to the restaurants within their spaces. Castropol is another one of our favourite restaurants in Old Havana and it's also in one of these buildings. Even though there are two more restaurants in this building, we only come to here at La Terraza with it's smoking patio and views of Prado....is hard to resist.
                   As always, the service was professional on both my visits, both times served by an older gentleman who has been there forever. Having a conversation with him I discovered business has gone down due to the influx of Paladares that have opened in the area. I still choose to return here, firstly for the ribs and secondly for the patio with it's view of Prado. In my opinion prices are still reasonable and the quality of the food hasn't changed. As usual, on both visits I had the Ribs, as always, excellent. However, I won't have the Grilled Potatoes again, I didn't like them very much. My wife had the Stuffed Peppers as an appetizer (which she has all the time) and the Swordfish for her main course, both of which she enjoyed thoroughly. I started with the Octopus & Shrimp Salad and finished with the Ribs appetizer, I enjoyed both as well. Wasn't sure to expect with my salad but it turned out to be okay.
                 In the past I've enjoyed some of the other items on their menu and it hasn't changed in years....Beef Carpaccio for appetizer and the Pork Chop, Rabbit in Red Wine Sauce and the Leg of Lamb for main course. If you decide on the Leg of Lamb, you better be hungry because it's massive. If you haven't already tried this place, it's worth a visit.







La Terraza
Prado 309 Esquina Virtudes,
La Habana Vieja, Havana,
+53 5 8178778



















Ribs $8.00   Beer $2.25


Grilled Potatoes $3.00







Prado from the terrace



Stuffed Peppers $7.00


Octopus & Shrimp Salad $7.00


Grilled Fish of the Day....Swordfish $11.00


Ribs $8.00




1 comment: