Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Thursday 12 December 2019

Azucar Lounge & Bar (Plaza Vieja) Havana

                 There are so many restaurants opening up in Havana that it's hard to keep track. I don't remember this spot being here the last time I walked by but I couldn't miss it this time as there was someone standing outside trying to lure us in. My wife and I were in the mood for a snack and a cocktail and this spot seemed like it would fit our needs. It allowed smoking inside and on the patio and that, for starters, was a selling feature for me. In addition, it had a patio that overlooked the Plaza Vieja and that, in itself, was an attraction.
                 The restaurant-bar is located next to the famous coffee house, El Escorial, on the second and third floors. The main room is rather small but makes up for it by having additional space one floor up. Nice decor, huge elaborate drinks and from the little we ate, falafel, tasty food. I can't judge their food by only eating one appetizer dish, so I can't tell you how good or bad it might be. The cocktails were beautifully presented but took a long time to get to us....I guess the key is to be patient. We began with an inside seat and later when a table was available outside we were moved with no attitude. The biggest selling feature is the view but be aware, there are only 3 tables on the skinny patio.
                 I would come back here again, maybe try something else for food to get a better idea of how they're doing but in my opinion, like their title says, this looks to me like more of a spot to have a cocktail or three. If you give it a try, let me know what you think.






Azucar Lounge
Plaza Vieja,  Mercaderes #315,
Habana Vieja, Havana
Hours: 11am to midnight
Tel: + 53 5 2931494






















Caipirinha  $6


Mojito Frappe  $5


Falafel  $4





View from Patio





No comments:

Post a Comment