Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Friday 15 September 2017

Miramar's Agro Market Calle 84 e/ 3ra y 5ta

                    Before starting this post I'd like to say that my thoughts and prayers are with all who suffered through Hurricane Irma but especially for those on the island of Cuba.

                    I have been using this market on Calle 84 for several years now since moving into the area and have watched while it's undergone structural changes that have expanded it to the busy hub that it is today. There is no other decent sized market in the area so this makes it a go-to spot for the locals around here, including myself. It has a butcher who deals mostly with pork as well as smoked meats and sausages, a produce vendor who sells fruits and vegetables that are in season at any given time, a nursery selling potted plants and flowers and a juice vendor who always has a lineup about 20 people long by the time I go by for my morning juice. The Equipo Maype juice stall not only sells several juices by the glass, it also sells them in larger containers of 4 liters (about $5cuc) or in whatever container you bring them....they also do a brisk business with fruit salad that seems to be a favourite of the people that line up here. I myself find this a convenient spot to do my shopping, coupled with the supermarket on Calle 70 y 3ra, I'm able to get most of my shopping done on a good day, that is to say when product is available. Closed on Sundays, the market opens around 9am and closes around 5pm. The juice stall is open on Sunday but closed on the Monday. The pictures I've posted below are before and after pictures.












new


old


prices in Cuban pesos not in CUC




old



new




old




new




new


Nursery




old





old


No comments:

Post a Comment