Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Thursday 19 April 2018

Hotel Comodoro Cigar Shop (Havana) New Location

                    I finally got to see the new shop first hand on my latest trip last month. Also, things are back to normal as far as Alex goes, he's back at work full time at the Comodoro. I'm sad to say that my Scrabble partner and ex-manager of the shop, Andres, has left for the shop at the 'El Aljibe' restaurant....yes, you understood correctly. However, the ever lovely and accommodating, Fara, thank goodness, is still there.
                    The shop is brand new, it seems to be a smaller space but the amount of seats they have for smokers seems to be about the same (and better). Now they have a bathroom (bonus) and a separate smoking room in addition to main one. They still have a TV hooked up to the hotel's satellite and there's a bar with servers just outside the door, part of the new hotel area. The only drawback is you can't smoke in this bar area but you can order drinks to have in the shop. I picked up a few wifi cards to link my cell phone and for the most part the connection is pretty good, much better than before. This is my neighborhood Cigar Shop and my go-to place when I have to kill some time, perfect to catch up on emails and the news outside of Cuba.
                     Anyone who's come here will tell you that the hospitality here is the best and Alejandro rolls great cigars. If you contact him before you go to Cuba, he can roll you some special vitolas that aren't in his humidor.





Hotel Comodoro Cigar Shop
3ra y Calle 84
Miramar, Playa, Havana
tel. 204-5551 ext.1272























1 comment: