Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Tuesday 17 March 2020

Hotel Palco LCDH (Havana) March 2020

                     I've only been in this shop a few times and thought I would pay it a visit on this trip. I actually came to quickly visit Arnaldo Alfonso Ibanez, the house roller, to see if he was still there and how he was doing. I wasn't sure if he would still be working, he was quite old and could retire any time. He was there with his jacket on, feeling a little chilled after coming out of the humidor. There were a couple of tourists in the shop doing some buying before heading home. Nobody was sitting in the tiny smoking lounge, the place wasn't as busy as the last time I was here. I didn't stay long, I purchased a couple of Arnaldo's custom rolled, exchanged a few words with him and departed. If you're ever in this area it's worth a few minutes of your time to pickup some of his cigars and give them a try. As far as what you'll find in the humidor....it's a decent size and I saw couple of the Habanos Releases and the new Monticristo line....no Behike.






Hotel Palco
Palacio de Convenciones de La Habana
Ave. 146 e/ 11 y 13
tel. (537) 204 7235 ext.629



















Arnaldo Alfonso Ibanez (house roller)


No comments:

Post a Comment