Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Trinidad Short Robusto T Edicion Limitada 2010 (cigar review)

              This cigar has been kicking my ass for a couple of years now. It's been a while since I've had one and I wanted to see if they were anywhere near ready to smoke.
               It had a dark, oily, veinless wrapper and was hard to the touch, like a rock. The pre-light draw was woody. The first draw was very bitter, maduro-like and strong. Began to mellow a bit after a few minutes. The burn was off so I touched it up with my torch. As I kept smoking the burn continued to be off. So far I can say that this cigar has mellowed since I last smoked one. By this point in the past this cigar would be almost too strong to smoke but right now I'm able to smoke this one. I still don't think it's ready but it's approachable. It could use a couple of more years. Still woody with a touch of earthiness near the halfway point. Much better than the last one I had. It holds the ash really well. At about halfway I flicked the ash. It was stifling the cigar and once I flicked the ash I could see it was burning a bit hot through the middle.
               Past the halfway mark it was still burning and drawing well with hints of leather coming through now. It seemed to get a bit tighter near the end if that was possible and the flavours began to get harsher. The cigar finally turned on me and I let it go.
               This is a small cigar which fits the bill sometimes. On this occasion for example, I didn't want a long smoke. This cigar has improved with time and will only get better. I guess I'm going to have to hold on to the few I have left and not smoke one for a while. Much better than the first few I smoked. If you have any, hold on to them a bit longer.



















No comments:

Post a Comment