Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Monday 15 June 2015

Bienal de La Habana (Cerveceria Antiguo Almacen) Havana

                  When I started posting about the Bienal I mentioned how the Art was being exhibited everywhere in the city. Here we were, at our favourite spot to grab a beer in Havana and lo and behold, wasn't there an exhibit of several artists on display here. Of course I took out my camera, it was a great way to kill time while we waited for the food. About the food...the ribs (our favourite menu item) were off the menu.
                    As far as the art went, some things were a little on the 'I don't understand' side but that's just me saying that, I don't pretend to be an art critic. I can tell you that the fish (the first pictures I posted) was the one I liked the most. It wasn't until I got up close that I realized it was a mosaic made mostly of old broken cds and made completely of recycled materials. The scorpion's tail made of peso coins was also pretty cool, as was the centipede covered with old Cuban stamps. As for the rest, well, you decide.





























No comments:

Post a Comment