Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Monday 10 February 2014

Hotel Vueltabajo (Pinar del Rio)

               I wish I had more information to give you on this hotel and/or the building but there's very little I could find on the internet. It's located in the heart of Pinar del Rio. I drive by this place every time I go to the Pinar del Rio countryside on my way to San Luis. It's says it has 39 air-conditioned rooms, all with their own bathroom, satellite TV, telephone, safe and fridge with minibar. Some say it's the best hotel in Pinar del Rio.
               The building is fairly old and the lobby looks like it hasn't had an overhaul in many years. There wasn't a great amount of activity the day I visited. The back area had a display of the tobacco growing process with a highlight on the most famous personality of the region, the late Alejandro Robaina.
                Would I rent a room here? Nowadays I rarely, if ever, rent a hotel room, I almost always rent a Casa Particular. However, I did rent a room at the Hotel Pinar del Rio one night several years ago and would rent at Hotel Vueltabajo next time if I was to rent a hotel room in Pinar again. I've read a few reviews of the Hotel Vueltabajo and nobody seems to say great things about it but then again not many very negative remarks either. The rooms are small with very high ceilings and almost everyone says to stay away from the outside rooms due to the street noise. Most everyone recommends to rent a room on the inside. Keep in mind there is no elevator and the hotel food (the hotel has a restaurant) is said to be from adequate to horrible. Everyone says that housekeeping is very good and many commented on cheap and rapid cleaning service for their clothing. I do enjoy the location, right in the center of town and right across the street from the local 'Casa de La Musica'. If any of my followers have stayed here, I would appreciate a comment.



Hotel Vueltabajo
Calle Marti #103  e/Rafael Morales
Pinar del Rio City
Rooms start at $39cnd


















No comments:

Post a Comment