Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Monday 17 February 2014

Melia Habana LCDH (Havana) January Visit

                 All's well at the Melia Habana LCDH and it's business as usual. During my visits to Havana over the last year I've been staying within walking distance of the Hotel Melia Habana (and Hotel Comodoro). That's a bonus for myself, a cigar aficionado, because the 'La Casa del Habano' in the Melia Habana is one of the best in the city. The service (once we got to know each other) is top notch and they always take care of me whether I'm there in person or send someone there on my behalf. They have a well stocked humidor (with some extra special stuff hidden away for regular customers), a very comfortable smoking lounge which never seems to get full and a decent liquor selection with an experienced bartender as well. However, one of the main attractions in this Cigar Shop is the famous House Roller Yolanda. She's a lovely lady that's always ready with a smile and happy to chit chat. I was fortunate to find her there on my last trip and spent a little time talking with her as I smoked one of her cigars. It's always a pleasure to smoke one of Yolanda's cigars and if you're ever in the area when you're in Havana you must pay her a visit and smoke/buy some of her cigars. They're definitely worth trying...well balanced, not too strong, perfect any time of day for the novice or the experienced smoker. She's asked that I tell all her fans that she says hello.



Melia Habana Hotel
Ave. 3ra  e/76 y 80
Miramar, Playa, Havana

























1 comment: