Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Rio Mar Restaurant (Havana) A Return Visit

            It had been some time since my last visit here but it wasn't because I didn't like this place. Many other spots have opened since coming here and there are only so many places you can go to in the short time we have. Besides, it isn't in the best of locations traffic wise and being in the middle of nowhere leaves you with few options when leaving. However, once you enter the space you'll forget all about that and behold the spectacular view from their patio. The interior is smartly decorated but only 2 tables are located inside, it's all about the patio. The patio overlooks the sea near the mouth of the Almendares River across from the Torreón de la Chorrera.
             The wine list isn't cheap but you can find wines in the $25 to $35 range from Italy, France and Spain as well as one from Australia and Germany. I found the food menu to have limited choices as I did the time before. I went with the Lobster Taco for my appetizer which I found to be very yummy and the Lamb Stew for my main course which I found to be a little tough. Next time I want to try the Seafood Carpaccio to start & the Ropa Vieja to follow. My partner had the Cream of Pumpkin soup to start and said it was the best she had ever had and for her main course she had the seared fish filet which was very good as it was before (what I had on my last visit).
              Inside they have a full service bar with a half dozen stools offering a variety of cocktails, I had a gin and tonic. The service was attentive and the food presentation was excellent. No smoking inside but a well functioning a/c provided. It's not over the top price wise but if I would have had my usual bottle of wine this bill would have been closer to $100...pricey for Cuba. However, the view alone is worth at least one visit.






Rio Mar
3ra y Final # 11,
La Puntilla, Miramar,
Havana, Cuba
+53 72094838
+53 52585025
riomarbargrill@gmail.com























cream of pumpkin soup


lobster taco


fish filet


lamb in red wine sauce


vegetables


lime cheesecake







view from the patio



No comments:

Post a Comment