Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Wednesday 24 April 2019

Toros y Tapas Restaurant (Havana) Miramar 2019

                    A Cuban friend of mine introduced me to this place back in March of 2016. I went a couple of times that year, we enjoyed it, and then for some reason never went back. It was probably because with limited time during my stays in Cuba, I want to try as many new restaurants as I can. On my last trip I didn't have an excuse, my stay was lengthy and being in Miramar, I practically walked by this restaurant once or twice a week. Finally, one day I decided to have lunch here by myself and later returned another time with my wife.
                    The restaurant hasn't changed, that's saying it still serves up mostly Spanish Cuisine and the quality of the food being served is still good. The service wasn't amazing but it wasn't horrible either. I will continue to keep this place on my list of go-to restaurants. I sat outside on both occasions since smoking is allowed only on the patio and as you all know, I smoke cigars. On previous visits we were given menus and a special board was brought to us. This time, on both occasions, we had a tent menu on the table and a special board was brought to us. I don't know if that means that they've done away with the menu but since there were so many things available otherwise, that made my decision difficult, the thought of a menu had never occurred to me at that time.
                   The first time I returned by myself I had the Duck Sliders topped with Goat Cheese & Caramelized Onions and the Garbanzo Fritto. Both were very good, the Chick Peas contained enough meat but in my opinion they could have used a little more sauce, they were a bit dry. When I returned with my wife I changed it up....I had the Veal Goulash (mini portion) to start and finished with the whole Red Snapper. I was very happy with both. My wife had the Tamal en Casuela (tamale casserole) as an appetizer, her favourite and finished with the Fish of the Day, she too was happy with her meal. A couple of menu items in mini sizes were given to us at the start, to pick at while we waited to order....that's where I got the idea to start with my Goulash appetizer. We went inside for dessert, where the air was a little cooler. The choices weren't great, we settled for a Lemon Tart and an Ice Cream. I will return here again and recommend it to anyone who's in the area. Reasonably priced, good value for your money.







Toros & Tapas
Calle 6 e/ 3ra y 1ra. No. 124.
Playa, Miramar, Havana
tel. +53 7 2021548
Email: torostapas@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/torostapashavana
Hours of operation:
From 12:00 noon to 12:00 midnight. Everyday























Garbanzo Fritto  5.50


Duck Sliders  10.00



Mini Eggplant Parmigiana & Veal Goulash    Free


Appetizer Goulash  2.50


Tamal en Casuela  4.00


Fish of the Day  8.60


Snapper  14.00


Ice Cream  2.50


Lemon Tart  4.00



No comments:

Post a Comment