Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Tuesday 12 November 2019

D'Next (Restaurant) Havana Oct.2019

            This has become a go-to restaurant when I'm in Old Havana looking for a light meal. I won't go out of my way to come here, as there may be many other restaurants along the way, but I've walked a few blocks to come to eat at this place on more than one occasion.
            Sandwiches, Pastas, Tapas are what this place is all about but my favourite dish and what I order most times is the Pizza. Paper thin, nice and light and tasty, I can almost get through the entire thing. Reasonably priced, excellent air-conditioning, casual, diner type atmosphere with surprisingly good service. Our waitress remained vigilant, standing not too far away from our table ready to attend to any of her customer's needs....something you don't see to often in Cuban restaurants. Another thing they do really well are the milkshakes and, what I discovered on my latest visit, the daiquiris (check out the Papaya Daiquiri in the picture below). We were 2 adults and 2 children, with drinks and gratuity, it came out to under 40cuc.
            Located on Calle Teniente Rey a just few meters from Monserrate, it's close to many attractions in Old havana...near the Capitolio and El Floridita. So if you're in the area check it out for a light meal. They even do breakfast but I have yet to try it. Only drawback, no smoking allowed inside this restaurant.





Calle Teniente Rey # 512
e/ Monserrate y Bernaza,
Habana Vieja, Havana
Phone (+53) 7860 5519
Email  genaroreinier@yahoo.es













Papaya Daiquiri  $4.50


Milkshake  $2.90


Hawaiian Pizza  $6.00


Pizza with Onions  $4.30


Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce topped with ham  $5.40














No comments:

Post a Comment