Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Tuesday 23 April 2019

Las Miniaturas de Arte (Habana Vieja) Historical Figurines in Havana

                     You never know what surprises you'll find wandering the streets of Old Havana and this place is one of them. I've walked by this shop (I don't know how many times) without ever noticing it, a friend of mine brought it to my attention the last time I was there. They make lead figurines, on the premises, of historical Cuban personalities. It's a bit different than the average souvenir shop but then again their merchandise may also be more expensive than the average trinket. They seem meant to be collector pieces that you can set up in different ways if you choose to create a scene or to stand alone. The space isn't very large and they create all the pieces out back where you can walk around and watch the employees doing their work. I know that there are people who collect figurines and this would place that they have to visit.

I want to Thank my friend Dave Anderson for allowing me to use some of his pictures.





Las Miniaturas de Arte,
Calle Muralla #164,
Habana Vieja, Havana
near the Plaza Vieja



































No comments:

Post a Comment