Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Friday 27 December 2019

Roma (Restaurante Italiano) Playa, Havana

                   I should come here more often as I'm literally within walking distance of this place but as with my favourite Italian Restaurant, I find it difficult to eat Italian food in Cuba so I don't do it with frequency. It's not a fancy place and the presentation of the food is basic but the pastas are made in-house. The Gnocchi I ate were made by hand on the premises by the owners wife who had spent a number of years in Italy learning the trade. Checking the prices afterwards, I realized it's not a cheap place to have a meal but in my opinion well worth it. The desserts are also homemade and delectable, the Panna Cotta was out of this world, the best I've ever had anywhere.
                   I can't say much about the service, we were the only table there and were served by the owner....an older Italian gentleman. They once had the upper floor patio in use as well but have given that up. The only space used now is on the ground floor, an air-conditioned dining room that doesn't allow smoking. All in all, my wife and I enjoyed our meal here and on another occasion, when the time is right, we will return here for sure. It won't knock your socks off but it's worth having a pasta in this restaurant, it's almost like Mama used to make.


PS.......The homemade desserts were so good, we had 2 each.




Roma
Calle 92, No. 307 e/ 3ra y 5ta,
Playa, Havana,
(+53) 7206 5492, (+53) 54288766


Hours of operation
Monday & Wednesday to Sunday 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Monday & Wednesday to Sunday  7:00pm - 11:00pm
Closed on Tuesdays













Eggplant Parmigiana  $8.50


Gnocchi Bolognese  $12.00


Pear Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream  $5.50


Panna Cotta  $5.00


Crema Catalana  $5.00











No comments:

Post a Comment