Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Partagas P2 (cigar review)

               This was the last of the P2s I had from I don't remember when but it was a few years old and I was really looking forward to smoking it. It has been quite a while since the last time I smoked one.
                The wrapper on this stick was dry and smooth, light drown, almost veinless. The cigar was firm to the touch and that's always scary. Having smoked Cuban cigars since the early 90's I always think back at those days when many of those hard cigars were too tight to draw from. However, the quality of cigars coming out of Cuba have been much better over the years and this one was no exception.
                The pre-light draw was spicy on the tongue and drew very well. Once lit it starts out real big with an uneven burn and continues to taste spicy with hints of leather and wood. It was as I remembered, very consistent and never disappointing, a perfect P2. I drank Port with this smoke and it went very well. The burn started to straighten itself out but was always a bit off almost to the end. At about the 1 1/2 inch mark I flicked the ash and touched it up with my torch. As I've said in the past, the reason for my flicking the ash and not letting it drop on its own is because sometimes the long ash alters the taste of the cigar or changes the way it burns. The flavour continued to be big but the edge came off a bit. As I said, it started to burn evenly near the end and I finally had to put it down because I couldn't hold it anymore.
                  This was an absolutely wonderful smoke and now I have it my mind to pick some up. It's become so difficult to choose what to buy today with all the new cigars coming out of Cuba with the Limited Editions and Regionals but this is definitely one of the oldies I have to pick up. This cigar has not changed through the years, still as I remembered it. If anything, my tastes have changed and I enjoyed it more now than I have in the past. I wouldn't recommend this cigar to first timers but for regular smokers this is a must try.

















2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! Perhaps, if possible, a shot of the packaging the cigar came from would be informative...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top Cuban Cigar

    written by : GoCubans Mostafizur

    They are merging many years of encounter working with smoking cigarettes -specially with cuban cigars- in traditional job free shops in the carribbean destinations, into a whole new business choice in the internet industry. Their desire has been cristallized thru GOCUBANS.COM, major into a an on the internet success cuban stogie shop and a whole new world of cuban stogie alternatives for their current customers in the carribbean, and the new ones to come globally.
    With headquarter workplaces in the incredible destinations of St.Kitts and Nevis, and with manufacturing facilities in The country and Europe, GOCUBANS.COM was brought up as an ideal place in European countries in order to arrive at cuban stogie key marketplaces like European countries itself, Japan, Center Eastern and The united states. Been in the center of European countries makes GOCUBANS.COM a flexible cuban pipes theyb shop which allows a lot of their customers not to pay taxation due to their ideal place.

    For more info : http://www.gocubans.com

    ReplyDelete