Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Thursday 6 March 2014

Art in Cuba (Seminario de San Carlos y San Ambrosio) Havana

              As I've said in the past, Art is everywhere in Cuba. I was wanting to visit this building, the Seminario de San Carlos y San Ambrosio, for a number of years and finally got a chance recently. The property was spectacular, I will post about it another day, but what I also found was a wonderful surprise. Works from 26 artists (maybe more) were on display, scattered all around the  interior of the building, it was a treasure trove of Cuban Art. Of course I took pictures of all of them (or I think I did). This is something that happens quite often in Cuba, specifically in Havana. Every or most artists aspire to one day make it in the big city, Havana, and because of that there are more than an abundance of artists here. Besides having a studio somewhere to display their works, if they're lucky or good enough, their art can be displayed in one of the many different venues around the city. That venue can be just about anywhere. Another popular spot to find works of art hanging is a hotel lobby, almost every hotel at some time or another (or always) will have someone's art hanging on it's walls. This means that at any given time any public space can be a mini art gallery. In this particular case, the Seminario de San Carlos y San Ambrosio was transformed into that Art Gallery, lucky for me. Below, I've posted most of those pictures, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.



Seminario de San Carlos y San Ambrosio
San Ignacio #5
Habana Vieja







David Velazquez Torres



Zaida Del Rio


Luis Enrique Fernandez


Emilio Nicolas Sanchez


Alejandro Telleria Rojas


Alberto Borroto Infante


Jose Cueli Novoa


Naidel Herrera Rojas


Nelson Dominguez Cedeno


Rolando Vazquez Hernandez


Yuniell Perez Alvarez


Yusniel Labanino Leyva


Jorge G. Del Riego Godoy


Kamyl Bullaudy Rodriguez


Eunice Blanco Vazquez


Jorge G. Del Riego Godoy


Ramiro O. Zardolla Loureda


Marcel Gutierrez Tejiero


Maisel Lopez Valdes


Sulian Linares Ramo


Yoan Vivar Garcia



No comments:

Post a Comment