Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Cohiba Piramide 2008 (cigar review)

                 This cigar came in  a box with four other torpedoes as you can see from the photos. It was released in 2008. This was the last of the 5 cigars that I smoked from this selection. Being a Cohiba fan, it took an awful lot of energy on my part to have held off this long before smoking this cigar. I'm glad I waited. I smoked this on the last long weekend in my city. It was cigar number 3 of 5 of the day.
                  It had a light coloured, slightly bumpy, almost veinless wrapper. The pre-light draw was woody and leathery. This stick was rock hard and had a slightly firm draw but was ok. The burn was almost even. Once I started smoking it, it became very woody and was a little better than a medium body. The burn was almost perfect and I don't quite know how to explain it but it was a very full medium body. The burn was perfect, very unusual for a Cuban. At about the quarter mark the ash fell on it's own.
                   Past the third mark, picking up hints of nutmeg but still very woody. This was a gritty cigar and a solid medium but building up strength close to the half-way mark. At the half-way mark the cigar was woody and earthy with a bang on perfect burn. Past the half-way mark the ash fell on it's own again and the cigar was beginning to taste a little bitter. Changed up again and by the time I got to the last quarter it was a very pleasant smoke.
                   As I neared the end I was getting strong wood once again and it was picking up strength. It was one of those done to the end smoke. It picked up strength as I neared the end and finally gave it up.
                    This was a very nice smoke. I'm sure it could have aged comfortably for a few more years but I couldn't wait that long and it's the only one I have. I wish I had a bundle of these smokes to sit on.


























No comments:

Post a Comment