Robaina's

Robaina's
Robaina's plantation

Saturday 13 February 2016

La Torre Restaurant (Havana) What a View

                  I haven't been to this restaurant in many years and I didn't come here to eat on this occasion. We were walking about Havana when I decided it was a perfect time to have a cocktail on the tallest building in Cuba, The FOCSA Building in Vedado. The restaurant called 'La Torre' is on the top floor but there's also a cocktail bar across the hall on the same floor. Why come here and pay 3-4 times more for a Mojito? Because it has the best aerial view of the city of Havana. As you can see from the photographs below, there is no other spot in the city that offers the same view.
                 The bar itself, more so than the restaurant, looks very weathered. It seems like they haven't changed a thing since they opened this place in 1956. The furnishing, the bar, look old and worn out. The drinks themselves are pretty good, all the fancy cocktails are offered here as well as beer and simple drinks like my gin and tonic (which seem to be all the craze right now in Havana). It was later in the afternoon and the restaurant was closed but I managed to sneak in and take some pictures anyway. Although nothing has changed here as well, it didn't seem as worn as the bar side, at least the tables were covered. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to photograph the menu. I don't remember the food being that great but I don't remember it being horrible either. A little pricey but if I had the same meal on the CN tower in Toronto (where I'm from) it would have cost me several times more.
                  What am I trying to say? It's not a terrible restaurant and definitely worth a visit for the view alone. At the very least, if you're in the area, take the elevator to the top floor and have a cocktail at the bar and experience an amazing panoramic view of the city. You won't regret it.




La Torre
Edificio FOCSA Piso 36
M esq. 17
Vedado, Havana
















The Bar



The Restaurant












No comments:

Post a Comment